Friday, November 17, 2006

Back in the Saddle

The bike saddle that is…Finally, I feel well enough to return to the daily workouts. I'm not 100% mind you, but I'm well on my way. Today's workout was a combination of spin class plus a steady Lifecycle workout. Knowing that I'm still marginal, I went a little easier in spin class than I might have otherwise, but it was still a good workout. My lifecycle workout was a bit of a fitness "test" for Jill to see where I am – after a 5 minute warmup, the main set consisted of a steady effort at 90 rpm, and HR AeT+10. Level 12 on the Lifecycle felt good, and the test itself wasn't too taxing. After that, we threw in just a little free weights & core strength, and then it was time to head.

Saturday's got more biking on tap – a nice easy ride around Lake Washington. It's supposed to be dry (thankfully!) but cold – I'm sure my nose will be dripping more than a leaky faucet. I'm looking forward to it though – it's a good feeling to be back to consistent workouts. I'm back. J

2 comments:

liz said...

Good for you for getting back intot he swing of things! :)

I noticed in your entry below you are recapping the week's exercise. You should consider joining us over at konamoxt.com, it's a great community of people supporting one another and there are logbooks available with every blog! It's fun!

Anyway -- I hope you have had a great thanksgiving holiday...! :)

Chris said...

Good job. It's always hard to start again when you have been sickor taken a break