Thursday, October 05, 2006

4:25 A.M.

That's what time my alarm went off this morning. Now, I know there are thousands of triathletes (and others!) who rise at this hour every day. I also know I would regularly rise at that hour when I lived in Boise, in order to get a short run in before my 5:30 am appointment with my trainer. But it's been a LOOONG time.

And you know what, it wasn't so bad... I hit the snooze once (I know, bad habit) and then got up, started the coffee, fed the dogs, and got dressed for my swim. Wash face, brush teeth, contacts in. Eat 1/2 banana, grab coffee, out the door. Simple.

5:14 a.m. I got in the water and started my first laps. Today's schedule was 1:00 swim, 1:00 run. I actually went a bit over on the swim. I warmed up with a 50, 100, 200, and then a main set of 4x500. Then just to get to an even number, I finished off with 150 for a total of 2500 yards. 1:04:00

Unfortunately by the time I got changed and out to the treadmill, I didn't quite have enough time for a full hour run. I did get 50:00 quality time though - all below AeT which I was really happy about. It felt good, even though I still felt a smidge of fatigue in my legs from the 1:00 spin class yesterday.

On tap for tomorrow - another 1:00 swim. Yay. I'm really starting to like the swim. I'm still not any good at it, but at least I don't hate it anymore.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Char! Just wanted to drop and say hola. Had a great time riding with you this a.m. and chasing you up the hills.:)
-Jessi